ROBERT YATES | A LEGEND
- NASCAR Championship Team Owner for Dale Jarrett- 1999
- Premier NASCAR Engine Builder with 77 wins – 1967-1988
- NASCAR Championship Engine Builder with Bobby Allison – 1983
- NASCAR Engine Builder for Richard Petty’s 199th and 200th win
- Daytona 500 Engine Builder and NASCAR Team Owner- 1969, 1982, 1992, 1996, 2000
- 3 time Winning Daytona 500 NASCAR Team Owner – 1992, 1996, 2000
- 2 time Winning Brickyard 400 NASCAR Team Owner – 1996, 1999
- 57 Wins and 48 Poles as a NASCAR Team Owner
- Recipient of the Bill France Award of Excellence – 2000
- Recipient of the Buddy Shuman Award for lifetime achievement in NASCAR – 2007
- Recipient of the Bruton Smith Legends Award – 2010
- Inducted into NASCAR Auto Racing Hall of Fame
- Inducted into NMPA Hall of Fame 2010
- NASCAR Hall of Fame Inductee – Class of 2018
Robert Yates worked in the sport of stock car racing for nearly 40 years building a legendary career, becoming part of NASCAR history along the way. The Yates name became synonymous with “Speed” and “Horsepower”.
For four decades, Yates was one of NASCAR’s premier engine builders, officially becoming a NASCAR owner by opening Robert Yates Racing (RYR) in 1988. In 2004, Yates and Jack Roush decided to team up and forge a partnership to form Roush Yates Engines, becoming Ford’s exclusive engine builder for their NASCAR teams. In 2007 Yates retired from racing, but continued his involvement in Roush Yates Engines. A new business venture brought Yates out of retirement in 2010 and back to NASCAR to form Robert Yates Racing Engines. The company was named the exclusive North American provider of the NASCAR-Approved Spec Engines.
Robert’s fingerprints have left an unforgettable impression on millions of fans and thousands of colleagues in and around the sport of racing. His career as master engine builder, championship car owner and mentor was his passion.
Being inducted into the Class of 2018 NASCAR Hall of Fame was a lifetime achievement for Robert and the Yates Family. He will always be remembered for delivering the legendary “Yates Horsepower”!